The Brewers set Feb. 26 for their Arctic Tailgate, an annual event that marks the beginning of single-game ticket sales, and released a full 2011 promotional schedule on Wednesday.
Single-game sales will begin Feb. 26 at 9 a.m. CT online at Brewers.com
, via telephone or in person at Miller Park, where hundreds of fans have camped for the four previous Arctic Tailgates. It’s the only opportunity to purchase some of the very limited individual tickets to the April 4 home opener — telephone and internet orders will not be accepted for that game.
The Brewers are asking fans to note new safety regulations for the tailgate:
- Participants will not be permitted to set camp prior to noon CT on Thursday, Feb. 24.
- No hand-made or hand-built shelters shall be permitted. No shelters made of cardboard or wood shall be permitted. Shelters with a footprint greater than 100 square feet are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the Brewers.
- Miller Park power sources are not available for public use and gas generators are not permitted on the property. Only State-Approved gas/propane heating/grilling units with fuel-valve turn-offs and self-contained charcoal/wood units are permitted; provided, however, that they must be a minimum distance of 25 feet from the building or shelters. Activity and items permitted on the premises are subject to the approval of the Brewers.
- The Brewers reserve the right to remove any shelter, items, or individuals from the property.
This marks the fifth year that the Arctic Tailgate party
will kick-start individual ticket sales. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages, Bernie Brewer and Brewers alumni will be on hand to greet the fans, the first 1,500 of whom will receive a hot dog and soda, plus an Arctic Tailgate t-shirt.
If you don’t want to brave the cold, you have until Tuesday to register at Brewers.com for a lottery
to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day and up to eight tickets to each of the other 15 Marquee Games at Miller Park this season.
Beginning Feb. 26, fans will also be able to purchase discounted parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park including the home opener. Parking prices remain unchanged from 2010.
Brewers.com is open 24 hours a day for ticket sales, but fans can also purchase in-person at Miller Park or via telephone at (414) 902-4000. The box office will be open until 5 p.m. CT on Feb. 26. Normal box office hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. on Monday-Friday beginning Monday, Feb. 28, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
The promotional schedule includes six Sunday, all-fan bobblehead giveaways: Closer John Axford on April 24 against the Astros (check it out at right), third baseman Casey McGehee on May 22 against the Rockies, Zack Greinke on June 12 against the Cardinals, the racing Hot Dog on July 10 against the Reds, infielder Craig Counsell on Aug. 14 against the Pirates and pitcher Randy Wolf on Sept. 25 against the Marlins.
Other promotional highlights include:
– The first homestand in May features the “5-County, 5-Day Celebration.” All residents of Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha Counties can purchase tickets at a 50 percent savings on all reserved seats excluding the Miller Lite Beerpen, all-inclusive areas, and the $1 Uecker Seats.
– “Spring Madness, presented by PNC Bank” runs from May 27-29, with all seats regularly priced at $30 and less available at a savings of 50 percent (excluding the $1 Uecker Seats and all-inclusive Areas). For these three games, small Pepsi products and Klement’s hot dogs will be just $1 each.
– In addition to the two annual tribute events — Cerveceros Day (June 11 vs. St. Louis) and the Negro Leagues Tribute Night (July 9 against Cincinnati) — the Brewers are adding another special theme night for 2011. On Sunday, Aug. 14, the Brewers will host a German Heritage Day, which will feature both the Brewers and Pirates wearing German-language jerseys (“Bierbrauer” vs. “Piraten”).
– Little League Night is Monday, June 20, when the Brewers open an Interleague Series against the Tampa Bay Rays. All Little Leaguers in uniform who registered in advance through local youth leagues will have the opportunity to parade around the warning track in a pre-game ceremony.
– On Saturday, July 30, the 13th Annual Brewers Community Foundation Famous Racing Sausages 5K Sausage Run/Walk will begin at 9 a.m. CT at the Klement’s Sausage Haus at Miller Park, with all proceeds supporting the youth recreation and education programs of Brewers Community Foundation. Participants will receive a t-shirt, a Klement’s hot dog, a bottle of Aquafina and a ticket voucher redeemable for one of 10 specified regular season games in 2011.